Monday, June 11, 2007

Well Crap!

I get to work this afternoon set everything up and spill my cup of coffee on the desk. It isn't even my desk. I sit at the vacant desk until someone fills an empty position my department has. Then I will sit at another desk until the office closes at 5 o'clock. I started writing this blog with no point in mind. No direction or path where I wanted to take the 1 or 2 people, who are my brother and my wife, that read my new posts, until I started writing. My Grandma, when she would get flustered or upset, would always say some type of phrase. As kids, and as adults, my brother and I would find it funny when she had a slip of the tongue. Such as, "Aww shit" or "Damn it." I still find it amusing when she says these things. My wife, Julie, when we were dating recalled a time where she overheard my grandmother cussing at her dog one morning while giving him a bath.

Not much more to say except I had one of those moments this afternoon with my spill and then thinking my son will get to have those experiences I had. He will get to see my mother and Julie's mom, who am I kidding, he will hear and see his parents having those moments as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget to adamantly deny that you said whatever it is that Elijah thought he heard you say.