Thursday, May 24, 2007

Rambling.

5/24/07. I am at my desk at work waiting for a call to come in to complete an assessment. My work is assessing individuals that are in crisis and evaluate them for a possible hospital stay. The CSB, Community Service Board, I work for covers a 5 county area. During the time, 3 months, I have been a crisis services therapist I have been challenged in so many facets of life

No matter what I have going on in my life that seems overwhelming or stressful, it fails in comparison to what the people I talk to everyday are going through. They could be decompensating and having acute psychosis, suicidal or homicidal thoughts, or attempts, or even the inability to care for themselves. It brings a new aspect to who I am, what I am doing, and what is important to me.

I am sure that this blog is going to be all the rave for days and weeks to come (sarcasm). So please let me know what experiences in your lives have challenged you to become who you are today.

No comments: